Find A Urologist
Find A Location
New Patient Forms
Centers of Excellence
Pay My Bill Online
Follow My Health Online
USMD on Facebook
Weber W. Chuang, M.D.
Weber W. Chuang, M.D. grew up in Memphis, TN, where he was salutatorian of his high school class as well as a National Merit Finalist. He received his undergraduate degree in Biology from Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA during which time he spent a semester studying the English health care system at Oxford University in Oxford, England.
He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX and remained at Baylor to serve his general surgery internship and then his urology residency in the Scott Department of Urology.
Dr. Chuang completed a fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at Baylor under the direction of Dr. Larry Lipshultz. During this time, he was involved with numerous research projects on male infertility and has published articles and chapters on various aspects of male infertility and treatment.
Dr. Chuang is a member of the American Urological Association and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
Joining Urology Associates of North Texas in 2004, Dr. Chuang also oversees the andrology lab affiliated with the practice. Currently, he resides in Dallas.
|Arlington - USMD Men's Health Center
811 West Interstate 20, Suite G-22
Arlington TX 76017 (817) 784-8268
|Irving - Las Colinas Medical Center - Plaza II
7200 State Hwy 161, Suite 200
Irving TX 75039 (972) 401-4940
| 1. 2004 Chuang WW, Lo KC, Lipshultz LI, Lamb DJ. The genetics of male infertility. In Chan, P.T.K., Goldstein, M. and Rosenwaks Z. (eds) Reproductive Medicine Secrets. Philadelphia, Hanley & Belfus. 2004.
2. 2004 Chuang WW, Lo KC, Lipshultz LI, Lamb DJ. Male Infertility. In Strauss JF and Barbieri RL. Yen and Jaffe's Reproductive Endocrinology: Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Clinical Management. Fifth Edition. Philadelphia, Sanders. 2004.
3. 2004 Chuang WW, Lin WW, Hendin B, Lamb DJ, Lipshultz LI. Handling and cryopreservation of sperm. Textbook of Assisted Reproductive Techniques: Laboratory and Clincal Prespectives, 2nd Ed. Taylor and Francis Medical Books. 2004 (in press).
4. 2004 Shin D, Chuang WW, Lipshultz LI. Surgical Atlas Vasovasostomy. BJU Int. 2004 93, 1363-1378.
5. 2004 "The number of years post vasectomy and the level of vasal occlusion influence the choice of reversal procedure"-poster at 99th annual meeting of the National American Urological Association, Inc. - San Francisco, CA.
6. 2003 Lo KC, Chuang WW, Lamb DJ. Stem cell research: the facts, the myths and the promises. J Urol. 2003 Dec;170(6 Pt 1):2453-8.
7. 2003 Maduro MR, Lo KC, Chuang WW, Lamb DJ. Genes and male infertility: what can go wrong? J Androl. 2003 Jul-Aug;24(4):485-93.
8. 2003 "The determination of multiple copies of the deleted in azospermia (DAZ) gene and its deletion patterns in azospermic and oligospermic patients"-poster at 59th annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine-San Antonio, TX.
9. 2003 "Does sperm selection by binding to hyaluronic acid improve selection of sperm with less DNA damage for use in ICSI" - poster at 98th annual meeting of National American Urological Association, Inc. - Chicago, IL.
10. 2003 "Sperm DNA damage is associated with decreased sperm density in semen analysis" -- poster at 98th annual meeting of National American Urological Association, Inc. - Chicago, IL. 2nd author.
11. 2001 Ryu HM, Lin WW, Lamb DJ, Chuang W, Lipshultz LI, Bischoff FZ. Increased chromosome X, Y, and 18 nondisjunction in sperm from infertile patients that were identified as normal by strict morphology: implication for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Fertil Steril 2001 Nov;76(5):879-83.
12. 2000 "Effect of acetylcarnitine on sperm motility" -- poster at 95th annual meeting of National American Urological Association, Inc. -- Atlanta, Georgia.
13. 2000 "Characterization of the lacking vigorous sperm (lvs) mutation in the mouse model" -- poster at 95th annual meeting of National American Urological Association, Inc. -- Atlanta, Georgia.
14. 2000 "Is genomic instability a contributing factor to ICSI failure?" -- poster at 95th annual meeting of National American Urological Association, Inc. -- Atlanta, Georgia. 2nd author.
15. 1995 "Correlation of tumor microvessel density with pathologic features and alterations in p53 in patients undergoing radical cystectomy" - abstract publication and slide presentation at 74th annual meeting of South Central Section of American Urological Association, Inc. - Kansas City, Missouri.
16. 1991 Research Assistant - Stanford University - Dr. William Dement.
17. 1991 Research Assistant - St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital - Dr. Carl Jackson.